Friday 3 August 2007

Mission Statement


It is the day after first starting my blog, and I think now would be a good time to really establish what I want to do with this account, beyond what is detailed in the 'Genesis' note.

First, I would like a place to publicly ruminate on various issues, pertaining largely to religion, philosophy, morality, and literature. I don't know that I will do this often, but I think it would be interesting to try. I'd be quite welcome if people who read this would put their two cents' worth in using the comments option.

Second, I would like to use this as a place where I can publish short fiction and devotional poetry. Among other things, I am gradually working on a series of Hymns of Confusion (the title piece, so far, being Psalm of Confusion) and perhaps a sonnet sequence.

Third, I would like to, perhaps, share interesting information and resources, on a variety of topics.


Regarding the Hymns of Confusion: I call them 'devotional poetry,' but they are not devotional in the traditional sense of hymns. As suggested in the word 'Confusion,' they chart more religious uncertainty and struggle than simple adoration, though I must emphasize that they are never meant to question Christianity. They are not always autobiographical, either. I dislike disclaimers, so I will stop discussing them here.

Regarding the sonnet sequence: I am maybe working on a sequence of sonnets, each sonnet dedicated to a seperate girl. I'm still working on the meaning, or pattern, of the sonnets. For the moment, it's in fun.

Regarding the short fiction: These will be disjointed and often unconnected.



1 comment:

Cait said...

Bring it on.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin