Monday 15 February 2010

The Fort Chip Adventure: Where We Take the Winter Access Road North

These photos are of the Winter Access Road stretching north of Fort McMurray to Fort Chipewyan. Some of them will be blurry, unfortunately, because I took them from a moving vehicle. These may seem repetitive, and I'm sorry about that; I tried to stick to different types of forest or terrain.


Notice what the sign is attached to.









I am posting a disproportionate amount of pictures of the Delta (below) than of the Sand Hills (above) because I think many of my readings will find the Delta more visually unique than the Sand Hills. Also, we stopped more often on the Delta, leading to better photos.
Here we are entering the Delta.
















In this photo there is a ptarmigan.





If you can, look closer at the photo below; you will be able to see Fort Chipewyan in the distance.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin